These release notes document new features, changes, and bug fixes to RightImages.
- RightLink version: Cloudstack KVM: 5.8.14, Others: 5.8.13
- RightImage version: 13.5.3/220.127.116.11
- OS package repository freeze date: 2014-04-10
- Base Build ID: 13.5-3a9a6dea
Local mail delivery on Ubuntu doesn't work. All messages are returned to sender with "loops back to self" error. (w-6088)
sudo echo `hostname --fqdn` > /etc/mailname sudo sed -i "s/^myhostname = .*/myhostname = `hostname --fqdn`/" /etc/postfix/main.cf sudo sed -i "s/^mydestination = .*/mydestination = `hostname --fqdn`, localhost/" /etc/postfix/main.cf sudo service postfix reload
Common for ALL Images
- Updated OpenSSL package due to Heartbleed vulnerability. See http://heartbleed.com/
- Updated to RightLink 5.8.14.
- Updated gcutil to 1.14.2.
- Updated gsutil to 3.42.
Support for HP Cloud has been removed.
Rackspace Private Cloud
- Support for Rackspace Private Cloud has been removed.
Rackspace Open Cloud
- cloud-init now comes installed on Ubuntu images (w-6267).
- Support for Softlayer Cloud has been removed until updated images can be provided.
- Updated images for Vagrant were not built this release.
Cloud and Image Support
- CentOS 6.5 - Amazon EC2, Google, Azure, CloudStack*, OpenStack**, Rackspace Open Cloud, Vagrant
- Ubuntu 12.04 - Amazon EC2, Google, Azure, CloudStack*, OpenStack*, Rackspace Open Cloud, Vagrant
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5 - Amazon EC2, Google, Rackspace Open Cloud.
* Supported versions include CloudStack 3.x clouds such as Datapipe.
** Supported OpenStack versions include Juno and Juno.
- EBS-backed instances limited to one ephemeral disk at start. S3 (instance store) backed instances will vary the number of ephemeral drives attached at boot based on instance size. EBS-backed images, including Red Hat Enterprise Linux-based images, will only attach one ephemeral disk regardless of instance size.
- Affected RightImage versions: <= v13.5
Image reports for most clouds are available from RightScale's Image Reports bucket: http://rightimage-reports.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html
The RightScale MultiCloud Marketplace offers many MCIs that support v13.5 LTS ServerTemplates.
Click here to see the v13.5 MCIs, or follow these simple instructions:
- Go to http://www.rightscale.com/library
- Click MultiCloud Images under Browse
- Enter "v13.5" in the Keyword(s) field
- Click Go