These release notes document new features, changes, and bug fixes to RightImages.
- RightLink version: 5.8.13
- OS package repository freeze date: 2013-12-08
- Base Build ID: 13.5-bb63c1d9
- ServerTemplate freeze date: TBD
Local mail delivery on Ubuntu doesn't work. All messages are returned to sender with "loops back to self" error. (w-6088)
sudo echo `hostname --fqdn` > /etc/mailname sudo sed -i "s/^myhostname = .*/myhostname = `hostname --fqdn`/" /etc/postfix/main.cf sudo sed -i "s/^mydestination = .*/mydestination = `hostname --fqdn`, localhost/" /etc/postfix/main.cf sudo service postfix reload
- Updated to version 6.5
- Fixed known limitation of being unable to rebundle images with ec2-bundle-vol or the "Bundle" button. All EC2 Paravirtual images are now unpartitioned. (w-6200)
- Added HVM image support in AP-Singapore (ap-southeast-1), AP-Sydney (ap-southeast-2), US-West (us-west-1).
- NOTE: Not all regions support cluster compute instance types (cc1, cc2) but now offer HVM virtualization on instance types such as c3.large.
- Changed default HVM instance type to c3.large.
- Added floppy drive resource
- Ubuntu: Now installing open-vm-dkms and open-vm-tools packages
- Ubuntu: Fixed issue with local changes prompt appearing with no changes when updating kernel (w-6134)
- Support for the Shanghai region has been re-added.
- Advanced OS support - Google images now support use of on-disk kernels instead of Google's pre-built kernels. All images will now use on-disk kernels.
- Ubuntu images should not be used in production without proper testing. Use of a backported kernel from raring is required for VIRTIO_SCSI driver support and to support volume attachments. (w-6223)
- RedHat Enterprise Linux images have been added.
- Default instance type has been switched to n1-standard-1. The n1-standard-1d instance type was discontinued.
- Removed support for Folsom.
- Added support for Juno and Juno.
- Removed support for Rackspace Legacy
- Removed support for Rackspace Legacy Managed. Managed support is available on all regions in Rackspace Open Cloud.
Rackspace Open Cloud
- Added Virginia and Hong Kong regions
Cloud and Image Support
- CentOS 6.5 - Amazon EC2, Google, Azure, CloudStack*, OpenStack*, HP, Rackspace Open Cloud, SoftLayer, Vagrant
- Ubuntu 12.04 - Amazon EC2, Google, Azure, CloudStack*, OpenStack*, HP, Rackspace Open Cloud, SoftLayer, Vagrant
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5 - Amazon EC2, Google, Rackspace Open Cloud.
*CloudStack versions supported include 3.x. CloudStack 3.x clouds include Datapipe.
*OpenStack versions supported include Juno, Juno, and Rackspace Private Cloud.
- EBS-backed instances limited to one ephemeral disk at start. S3 (instance store) backed instances will vary the number of ephemeral drives attached at boot based on instance size. EBS-backed images, including Red Hat Enterprise Linux-based images, will only attach one ephemeral disk regardless of instance size.
- Affected RightImage versions: <= v13.5
The RightScale MultiCloud Marketplace offers many MCIs that support v13.5 Infinity and LTS.
Click here to see the v13.5 MCIs, or follow these simple instructions:
- Go to http://www.rightscale.com/library
- Click MultiCloud Images under Browse
- Enter "v13.5" in the Keyword(s) field
- Click Go