This release note documents the new features, changes, and bug fixes to the RightAWS RubyGem.
Release Date: March 25, 2011
This gem requires right_http_connection 0bc3343232133bdb38c237d8285525d74495d3f5 or later.
- Route 53: API '2010-10-01'
- ACF: API '2010-11-01'
- API '2010-08-31'
- Port-based group permissions support
- HPC Support
- Tags Suport
- ClientToken support added on instance launch
- RDS: API "2010-07-28"
- ELB: API '2010-07-01' (SSL support)
- IAM: API '2010-05-08' (AWS Identity and Access Management interface)
- 301 Redirect support added
Changes and Fixes
- ActiveSupport dependency
- SDB: uuid gem dependency
- "Raise On Timeout On Action" feature added to avoid duplicate resource creation if a timeout error occurs and a retry is performed
Release Date: April 28, 2010
Some of the key changes are listed below.
- Support for Ruby 1.9
- Support for Spot Instances
- Support for m2.xlarge instance types
- GetPasswordData API call
- :delete_on_termination field for EBS Volumes
- Support for BatchPutAttributes
- Dynamic attribute accessors
- Support for "Columns"
- Support for Simple Type Casting
- Support for Security Groups
Release Date: February 24, 2009
- AwsBase: signature v2 support added
- Ec2: describe_availability_zones improved to support regions
- CloudFront: docs fixes
- SDB: added: SQL-like query, select and query_with_attributes support
- SDB: fixed no method error when searching for id that doesn't exist
Release Date: November 21, 2008
- RightAws::Ec2 now supports Windows instances. Added:
- Full Amazon CloudFront support added with RightAws::AcfInterface
- Bug fixes to S3Interface::store_object_and_verify and S3Interface::retrieve_object_and_verify (thanks to numerous user reports)
- Updates to caching for Ec2::describe_images_by methods
- Ec2 now has Ec2::last_request_id
Release Date: October 07, 2008
RightScale::SdbInterface and ::ActiveSdb have several enhancements, including:
- RightAws::SdbInterface#last_query_expressionwas added for debug puposes.
- RightAws::ActiveSdb::Base#query :order and :auto_loadoptions were added to support query result sorting and attributes auto loading.
- RightAws::ActiveSdb::Base#find_all_by_ and find_by_ helperswere improved to support
:order, :auto_load, :limit and :next_token options.
- RightAws::SdbInterface#delete_attributes bug was fixed.
- SdbInterface allows specification of a string value to use for representing Ruby nil in SDB.
- Sdb tests were fixed and improved.
Release Date: August 22, 2008
- Support for Amazon's Elastic Block Store (EBS).
- Via the RightAws::Ec2 module, you can create and delete EBS volumes, attach and detach them from instances, snapshot volumes, and list the available volumes and snapshots.
Changes and Bug Fixes
- Correction of RightAws::S3 copy's failure to url-encode the source key.
Release Date: July 7, 2008
- Support in RightAws::S3 and RightAws::S3Interface for S3 key copy, move, and rename.
- Support for signature version 0 request authentication to EC2, SQS, and SDB.
- Enhanced S3 object meta-header read and update.
- Interoperability with clouds running Eucalyptus (http://eucalyptus.cs.ucsb.edu) -- Contributed by the Eucalyptus group
- Support for c1.medium and c1.xlarge instance types.
Changes and Bug Fixes
- Corrected the failure, under certain conditions, of retries of streaming PUTs to S3. We now reset the seek pointer of the streaming I/O object to its initial position.
- Removal of an accidental dependency on ActiveSupport in RightAws::S3Interface.get_link().
- Monkey-patch of the Ruby File class on Windows platforms to correct a problem in lstat. The lstat bug was causing failures of very large file uploads on Windows -- Contributed by Benjamin Allfree.
- Fixed parsing of the ETag field for S3 objects.