You can create, manage, and attach End User License Agreements (EULAs) to ServerTemplates* when you publish them. There are three parts to End User License Agreements in the RightScale Dashboard that you should be familiar with:
Managing EULAs - Create new EULAs, new revisions, view, archive/unarchive, etc. (Design -> Account Library -> Your EULAs)
Publications - Attach EULAs to ServerTemplates* as part of the publishing process, or view EULAs attached to published ServerTemplates (Design -> Account Library -> Your Publications)
Accepting EULAs - When end users import ServerTemplates that have EULAs attached to them, they must accept/reject the EULA
EULA Rules Summary
There are several rules to be aware of when working with EULAs in the RightScale Dashboard. Such as:
- 0, 1 or more EULAs can be attached to a published component (ServerTemplate)
- EULAs are attached as part of the publishing process. You cannot attach EULAs to previously published ServerTemplates. (You can however publish a new revision of the ServerTemplate with the desired EULA.)
- Saved EULAS cannot be deleted, but they can be archived.
- EULAs cannot be attached to Head revisions (of ServerTemplates).
- EULAs themselves do not have a Head revision (the most current revision is effectively a Head revision)
- Archive/unarchive applies to all revisions of the EULA. (For example, if the latest revision is 3, then a archive/unarchive applies to Revision 3, 2 and 1, not just Revision 3.)
- New EULA revisions do not effect their corresponding older revisions that were previously attached to a published component (e.g. ServerTemplate)
- Currently, there is no way for an end-user to view what EULAs they have accepted in the past.
* - Currently the only component you can attach a EULA to in the RightScale MultiCloud Marketplace is a ServerTemplate. It is likely we will extend this functionality to other published components in the future. For example, the ability to attach EULAs to RightScripts or Macros.