Note: This is only available for users on the Unified Cloud Platform.
Table of Contents
When you go to the instances section in RightScale you can see all the active or terminated instances in your cloud. The instances you see can be added to a deployment, switched to a different deployment, or added to a new deployment.
- Go to Clouds > cloud provider > Instances.
- Select the Instance or Instances you want to move into a deployment from the Actions column.
- Select Add to Deployment from the drop down in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and click Apply to Selected.
- The Add Instance(s) to Deployment will pop up. Choose to create a New Deployment or add to an existing deployment.
Note: If adding an instance that already exists in a deployment, the instance name will appear red and will be moved out of the deployment into the one you select or create.
Deployments - You can chose an existing deployment or you can make a new deployment. By default, New Deployment is selected.
New Deployment Name - Only displays if you are creating a new deployment. This will be the name of the deployment your instances will be added to.
Instances to be Added - This will list the instances that are being added to the deployment. If you're adding an instance that already exists in a deployment, the instance name will appear red and will be moved out of the dployment into the one you select or create.
- Click Apply.
- You will be direct back to the list of instances. If you would like to go to the instance's deployment, you can click on the deployment name in the Deployment column.