To sign up for Microsoft Azure and obtain credentials.
Before you create a RightScale account and start launching instances using the RightScale Dashboard, you must first have valid Microsoft Azure credentials. You can either sign-up for a new Microsoft Azure account or use existing Azure credentials. This tutorial assumes that you are creating a new Microsoft Azure account.
Create a Microsoft Account
Before you can sign-up for a Microsoft Azure cloud account, you must first log in to your Microsoft account. If you need to create a new Microsoft Live account, go to https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?lic=1.
Create a Microsoft Azure Account
- Log in to your Microsoft account. https://login.live.com/
- Sign-up for a Microsoft Azure account. https://account.windowsazure.com/SignUp
- Create a subscription for the required services. Click the Sign up for a free trial option and provide the required personal and billing information.
- Click add subscription.
- At a minimum, please select the 'Pay-As-You-Go' option and purchase the subscription.
- Click the Portal link. After going through the Microsoft Azure Tour, click on Settings in the left navigational pane. Later, when you add the cloud to a RightScale account, you will need to select the specific Subscription ID that you want to associate with your RightScale account.
- In order for RightScale to control your Microsoft Azure subscription and assets, you must first create security credentials. Use the following link to download your subscription profile: https://manage.windowsazure.com/publishsettings.
Note: You must be logged in to the Azure console in order to download the publish profile.
- Keep the file in a secure location as they serve as your credentials to administer on behalf of your subscriptions. You will need this file in order to add the cloud to a RightScale account.
Add your Microsoft Azure credentials to a RightScale account
Now that you've successfully created a Microsoft Azure account, you are now ready to add your cloud credentials to your RightScale account.