EBS (Elastic Block Storage)-backed RightImages, including Red Hat Enterprise Linux-based images, will only attach one ephemeral disk regardless of instance size, while S3 (instance store)-backed instances will vary the number of ephemeral drives attached at boot time based on instance size.
Use the following steps to create EBS-backed images that support more than one ephemeral drive.
- Login to the AWS console directly.
- Select EC2.
- Click the Launch Instance button.
- Select Community AMIs.
- Search for "rightimage hvm" and the supported OS and version (optional).
- Press the Select button and choose the instance type that you would like to work with and click “Next: Configure Instance Details".
- Click “Next: Add Storage”.
- Ensure that the correct number of “Instance Store” drives are listed in the table, and click Review and Launch.
- Click the Launch button, select your SSH Key, and hit “Launch Instances”.
- View the instance and wait for it to be “Running”.
- Right-click on the Instance and select “Create Image”.
- In the Create Image dialog, enter a name for the image and click "Create Image".
- View the Image and wait for the image creation to complete.
- Clone the MultiCloud Image and replace it with your new image.
- Change your ServerTemplate to use the new MultiCloud Image.