I am unable to access my New Relic data from the RightScale Dashboard.
You must enable the New Relic Account feature to allow API access before starting. There is an option in your New Relic account that will allow API access.
To do this please follow these directions:
1. Login to the New Relic dashboard at http://www.newrelic.com (Top Right corner as of this writing)
2. Once logged into your account, find the "drop down" box in the top right corner and click on the 'Account Settings' link. It should look similar to the following:
3. Once you are in the Account Settings page, Click on the "Integrations" tab, then click on "Data Sharing" like so:
4. From the Data Sharing page, there should be a button for "Enable API Access" or similar wording. Enable that access, after which you should be prompted with an API key
5. Copy and paste the API key, then you can insert that API key into the Rightscale dashboard under the Reports -> New Relic -> Use Existing Credentials menu.
Finally, there may be one last step to properly enabling New Relic monitoring within Rightscale, and that depends on how your New Relic account was created initially.
If your New Relic account was created through the Rightscale dashboard sign up process - There is nothing left to do but enter your API key following the above directions. The key should be accepted and should work.
If your New Relic account was created outside of Rightscale - We may need to contact New Relic directly and associate your New Relic account to our "Rightscale partnership" account. If this is the case, even after enabling API access using the directions above, the key MIGHT still be rejected.
If this is the case, please contact us at email@example.com or open a support ticket from the Rightscale dashboard under the Support -> Email link, and be sure to provide us some pertinent data:
We can then forward that information to New Relic to get your account associated with our partnership account appropriately, after which entering your API credentials into Rightscale's dashboard should work properly.
For more information on RightScale's integration with New Relic, click here.
© 2006-2014 RightScale, Inc. All rights reserved.
RightScale is a registered trademark of RightScale, Inc. All other products and services may be trademarks or servicemarks of their respective owners.